Thursday, March 31, 2011

What I Want to Do...

I've been told my many therapists and doctors that thinking about what I want to accomplish in the future would help get me through some of my ED struggles. Of course, each time I was told this, I ignored it and thought That would never help.  That was untill recently I decided to actually take time and make a list of the things I want to do. Here it is....

What I Want to Do...
  1. Pig out at the movie theater
  2. Choose food not based on its calorie content
  3. Graduate high school
  4. Never have to drink Boost again
  5. Cook a full course meal, and actually eat it!
  6. Get my driver's license
  7. Eat Chinese food
  8. Join an art class
  9. Indulge in cake on my birthday
  10. Speak fluent French
  11. Rock a bikini without feeling self-conscious
  12. Accept and embrace my imperfections
  13. Exercise for fun
  14. Wear Victoria's Secret clothes, that don't hang off my body
  15. Enjoy Thanksgiving rather than fearing it
  16. Have my first kiss
  17. Go to a party and dance like no ones watching
  18. Soak in the beauty of a sunset
  19. Experience a sunrise it its' true glory
  20. Join a dance class
  21. Do yoga
  22. Be able to tell someone "I beat anorexia"
  23. Go to Disney World
  24. Meet a celebrity and get their autograph
  25. Break the mirror with my confidence:)
  26. Allow myself to eat desserts without feeling guilty
  27. Go to college or art school
  28. Visit the Grand Canyon
  29. Join an aerobics class
  30. Redecorate an entire room
  31. Write a book
  32. Move to California
  33. Experience true love
  34. Get married
  35. Have kids
  36. Go to the Bahamas
  37. Get a job I enjoy
  38. Get my own car
  39. Plant my own garden
  40. Swim with dolphins
  41. Go to Hawaii
  42. Have my dream home
  43. Spend Christmas on the beach
  44. Fly
  45. Smile...ALOT!


I encourage you all to make your own lists as well... I wish you all can accomplish your dreams, free from ED, or anything that may be holding you back..One day I will fly.. and you will too.


6 comments:

  1. This is cute :) now the next step is trying as hard as you can to cross everything off of this list!! Start today ! You can do this girl! I have faith in you and you need to have even more faith in yourself! Look in the mirror right now, look yourself in the eyes and tell your self " I will win this fight! I will survive and live a long happy healthy life, I am stronger than you ED!! " say it like you mean it from the bottom of your heart! Good luck sweet heart! Stay strong and remember SMILE!!! :)

    Kyra Nicole <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kassidy these are great goals! You are truly inspiring!! I love you so much!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you darling... Now we must just work on completing them. Its every Ed patients wish to throw away the disorder habits and rock a bikini- hopefully we'll get there because we deserve it

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the first time I visit your blog and I actually found it by searching ''Boost plus calories'' in Google images (don't ask why). I'm also fighting an ED. I've taken back the weight necessary but can't live with it. Can't live with the mirror.
    Actually, you almost made me cry with this article because I've never talked with someone who has an ED and reading this made me feel like... like I was not alone and that I SHOULD see further and try a bit more to get away from those thoughts...
    So thank you, and sorry for this oversized ( (: ) comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so amazing to hear how my blog effected you. It really puts a smile on my face to know that it could be helping other people. If you need anyone to talk to you can message me on facebook as; Kassidy Huck. Or email me at SmileForHope@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete